Sunday, November 12, 2006

It was a peach

Man, I love stories like these!

Story:
UK -- Three would-be muggers who targeted a pensioner fled empty-handed after their victim, an ex-Army and England boxer, punched one of them on the chin.

Former middleweight George Bayliss, 67, had just drawn his pension when the three men surrounded him and demanded he handed over his money.

"I just threw a left at him – it was a peach, a real cracker," said George.

"I was really angry. I worked hard for that money, I did my time – they're not having it. That was my attitude. If I go down, I go down fighting.

"I think really they were a bit shocked – they picked on the wrong person."

George was in town on Tuesday when he noticed a group of five men hanging around outside the post office in Cornhill.

Three of these men later approached him in St John's Street and demanded he hand over his pension. After he punched one of them, all three ran off.

George, who holds several Amateur Boxing Association titles, still trains and goes running. He has also learnt the martial art Tai Kwon Do and taught his three sons Mark, Ben and Wayne to box.

Source

No comments: