Saturday, October 06, 2007

Martial arts skills

Here's a great story about 73-year-old Bill Garner from Columbus, Ohio who used his martial arts skills to send two would-be robbers running.

According to a report, two armed men tried to force their way into his home at about 7 a.m. The home owner said one of the men put a gun in his face and demanded to go inside.

Instead of complying with the men's demands, Garner decided to fight back. "I didn't let them in the house," Garner said. "What was I supposed to do? Were they supposed to get into my house?"

The man said he fought back using martial arts."They were surprised because I knew karate, you know?" Garner said."

After a short struggle, the two men fled from the home, the report said."I'm 73 years old, I know karate, I know judo, I know everything," Garner said. "Nobody comes into my house
without my permission."

On a side-note I must add that stories like this also make me both sad and furious. It's a crying shame that decent senior citizens can't be treated with the kind of respect they rightfully deserve.

No comments: