Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Blind man fights intruder

This man got my utmost respect. Way to go! It also proves how old wrestling skills can come in handy any day.

Story:
Indiana -- Wthr.com reported about a 49-year-old blind man who fought off an intruder Monday morning in Indianapolis.

Allan Kieta was reportedly having a day off and sleeping in when his dog Bella woke him up, letting him know something was wrong.

The home owner said the dog told him about a stranger in the house. And as he walked out of his bedroom, he ran right into the suspected burglar.

The men began fighting. "We fought maybe for 30 to 40 minutes - a long time," Mr Kieta said.

As the two men fought on the floor, Mr Kieta grabbed the intruder's belt, dragging him down the hall. According to reports he kept banging him against the walls to keep him disoriented and maintaining control.

"I was afraid if I let him up, he was going to kill me," Mr Kieta later told media. He used all his high school wrestling training to get the suspect to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, the home owner grabbed for the knife. He fumbled with the phone, trying to dial 911.

"He was begging, like, 'Don't kill me. I'll dial it for you!'," Mr Kieta said. "I was, like, 'You are not touching the phone'!"

Police arrived to the home quickly to arrest the intruder, who was hospitalized following the incident.

No comments: