Saturday, March 03, 2007

He acted that way

I commend this woman for fighting back and probably saving her own life.
But seriously, does anyone believe that self-defense/fighting back is as easy as it looks on television?
There's however another far more interesting observation here:
"I was aware of him, I saw him there. I thought he was a caretaker at the cemetery. He acted that way."
Most likely, if you are being that aware about someone, your intuition has told you that something is not right!
Think about it, we will register that someone has legitimate business being around us - like in working there.
If, however we are being aware of the person, there might absolutely be something else we have noticed. This may be that the person acts like it. Really, this phrase alone tells the whole story - acting. This woman has seen already that this was not real.

Story:
Texas -- A 43-year-old man has been charged with attacking a woman at a Beaumont cemetery.

The 45 year old woman from Beaumont said she was visiting her husband's grave on Valentine's Day when she saw the man who would soon attack her.

"I was aware of him," she told us. "I saw him there. I thought he was a caretaker at the cemetery. He acted that way."

The woman says he struck her with decorative items from her husband's grave."They were square cross luminary lights," she said. "He broke them on me. He beat my head to a pulp. I needed stitches in my forehead, left eye and eyebrow. I spent five days in a hospital. My jaw was injured. I had bruises down my cheeks and behind my ears, and scratches on my shoulders. My hands and arms were bruised."

"I'm alive, that's the main thing," she said. "I thanked my big brother for fighting with me while we were growing up because that made me fight that guy. It isn't as easy as it looks on television, but that definitely saved my life because I think he was going to kill me."

Source

No comments: