Saturday, August 11, 2007

A 'fishy' robbery

Massachusetts -- A holdup man picked the wrong target Thursday night when he walked into a package store in Methuen.

"When I opened the door I see the guy stand right there, gun pointed at my daughter," said Vannarithros Ross, who had just returned to his family-run package store after running an errand.

"And my daughter told me in my language that we got robbed... He didn't know I was behind him, so just grabbed him real tight so by his reaction I'm afraid he gonna pull the trigger on my kid."

Ross says his son grabbed a bottle of fish sauce and hit the gunman on the head as Ross swung him to the floor. "My son, he just reacting. He keep hitting on the head until I told him, stop it because he was gonna kill the guy."

Ross says police came within two or three minutes. "That's very fast. Amazing. Very amazing."

The gun the suspect flashed during the robbery turned out to be a BB gun but Ross and his family didn't know that. Police planned to charge the gunman with robbery when he gets out of the hospital.

Source

No comments: