Tuesday, March 14, 2006

More "stunning" self-defense

This story is a confirmation of something I already knew after working in a security psychiatric ward: That there are some strange individuals out there.

It also taught me that I'm far crazier than I thought, but that's an issue for another day :-)

Anyhow, in this scenario we have a couple of issues. One is that we either have a really violent husband using a 600,000 volt stun-gun - or a drunk wife that obviously scares her man. Possibly both.

Personally I'll go along with the court that sentenced the man to 40 years in jail.

On a side note, I've learned never to trust a media report 100%.

Another issue is that when you have weapons lying around, it's easy to use them. I've seen it time and time again: people will grab anything - premeditated or not - and use it in a fight. Stones, sticks, knives, bottles, guns, road-signs, forks, ashtrays, TV-sets, lampshades, glasses, tables, chairs... You name it!

Many people arm themselves with things such as knives for "self-defense" and end up being convicted for using it (or carrying it). If your an adult who are trained in it's use, prepared for the consequences and risks involved, and who's allowed to carry it - by all means go ahead. If not - don't! Things escalate very, very fast...

No comments: